Coconut Beet Soup Recipe
Updated: Mar 26
When the Island's most talented designer and event coordinator Amanda Robson @FeastHawaii asked if we'd host her signature seasonal pop up, we of course said yes! Amanda has a reputation for creating some of the most amazing spaces from World Surf League events to dream weddings & farm dinners.
Those enough lucky enough to attend (the event sold out in less than 2 hours) were treated to course after course of epic dishes, many naturally featuring coconut. The menu item that stole the show was without a doubt the coconut beet soup. One of the most creative coconut dishes we’d ever had - satiating, yet light, delicate and at the same time full of flavor.
3 medium beets, trim top and bottom
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 cup vegetable broth
1 stick cinnamon
1 Maui onion, peeled and diced
2 carrots peeled and diced
1 qt coconut milk
Salt and white pepper to taste
Lime juice to taste
1. Heat Oven to 350 F.
Coat trimmed beets with coconut oil, salt and pepper and place in a baking pan with the broth, cinnamon and clove.
2. Cover baking pan with foil and place in oven for one hour.
3. Check to see if beets are soft through by piercing with a fork or toothpick.
Some beets take longer to cook and may require that you re-cover and continue to bake for a little longer (till beets are no longer hard in center)
4. Discard the liquid from the roasting pan, remove and peel the beets, (once they are cool). Cooked beets peel easily by hand.
5. Cook onion and carrot over medium high heat in a sauce pan with a little salt and pepper. Stir and cook till soft.
6. Combine and blend the beets, coconut milk, carrots and onions. Add salt, lime juice and white pepper to taste and blend till smooth.
7. Garnish with dusting of freshly chopped herbs (cilantro, dill, parsley, and mint)